Hurst Review takes a three-step approach to NCLEX® review that includes the best of all worlds. We know that the first step of NCLEX® preparation is mastery of "must know" core content and a development of critical thinking and application skills. We also provide practice questions for students to utilize as they study. Step two requires the incorporation of NCLEX®-specific testing strategies to facilitate critical thinking skills for the entry level nurse.The final step is to take NCLEX®-style practice exams called Simulators. Our proven method teaches students to answer questions the NCLEX® way after they have learned the content. Our testing strategies are specific to the NCLEX® and are not appropriate for the GRE®, LSAT®, or MCAT®. Hurst Review’s exclusive focus is preparing nursing graduates to pass the NCLEX® exam the first time; it’s what we do 24/7.
- Hurst attends all NCLEX® invitational conventions and meetings.
- Hurst stays abreast of any life-threatening protocol changes published by CDC, AHA, Joint Commission, etc.
- Programs are updated yearly to ensure students and faculty are fully informed.
- We take what students know and help them to integrate and apply this knowledge the NCLEX® way – critical thinking and application.
- We guide students to understand core content with no doubts or hesitations. Confidence decreases test anxiety.
- We teach the review from an integrated style using multi-logical thinking strategies.
- We help students understand the NCLEX® mindset and NCLEX®-specific testing strategies through critical thinking exercises and NCLEX®-style questions.
Yes! At Hurst Review, we strive to make our leadership as unique as our students. We believe diversity drives creativity and innovation, which in turn creates a product that rises above the competition. As an inclusive workplace, our employees reflect a diverse community of passionate people who believe in making a difference in the lives of students. We are committed to the continuance of this mission, and believe that fostering a diverse working environment will better connect us to the community we serve.
Hurst Review Services respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it. Your personal information will only be used to support your relationship with our company and as you allow. We will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information.
We recommend that students take Hurst Review as they enter the last semester of school or upon graduation. Students should have been exposed to all of their medical–surgical courses before taking the review.
Our goal is not only to help students pass the first time, but also to help students become competent and safe nurses. Hurst provides a comprehensive, step-by-step approach to the NCLEX® with our “Critical Thinking and Application NCLEX® Review.” We fill the gap between graduation and NCLEX® testing by transitioning the student from education to practice.
We take a step-by-step approach: 1) Core content (incorporating critical thinking and application skills) 2) NCLEX® testing strategies (We teach NCLEX®-specific testing strategies, not strategies that are universal for the MCAT®, LSAT®, or GRE®) 3) NCLEX®-style practice exams (4 exams with 125 items each, plus additional practice questions). We focus on the students’ understanding of the “why” in relation to causes, signs, and symptoms. We use multiple teaching strategies with direct interaction to enhance student learning and engage the learner.